Have you ever had ricotta toast? It’s a simple recipe with lots of variations. It all starts with a slice of quality fresh bread, a delicious dollop of ricotta cheese, and a range of topping options. You can make sweet and savory ricotta toast, from burst tomatoes with basil to fig jam with pistachios and rosemary.
This recipe is one of my favorites, topped with charred broccoli and red pepper flakes! Simple, but delicous. I made mine in our pizza oven to give it a slightly smoky and sweet taste! If using the pizza oven, be sure to have the fire scorching and a stone warming in the oven. I slid my toasts off onto the hot stone using a pizza peel. I used oven-proof gloves and bbq tongs to remove each slice vs. trying to use the peel to remove them. Trust me; this is the easiest way!
The cheese was perfectly melted, the broccoli was lightly caramelized, and the toasts were crisp on the outside but still soft and chewy on the inside! I had to wrap them up so I wouldn’t eat them all!
If you make them tag me and let me know how you like them! You can also drizzle with some agave nectar to finish them off!Print
Charred Broccoli on Tofu Ricotta Toast
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
- Total Time: 20-22 minutes
- Yield: 12 toasts 1x
Ricotta toast makes a deliciously easy breakfast or lunch! Slather on ricotta, then top with sweet or savory toppings.
- 1 baguette, sliced 1/2″ thick on a diagonal (about 12 slices)*
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 head of broccoli, stem peeled, stem and florets chopped into 1/2” pieces
- 1 head of garlic, cloves separated
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups tofu ricotta
- 1/3 cup grated vegan parmesan
- Kosher salt
- Place racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven; preheat to 400°F. Or, heat a pizza oven to a temperature.
- Arrange bread slices in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet or pizza peel and brush one side of each piece with oil.
- Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of ricotta on each slide. Toss broccoli and garlic in a bowl and drizzle with the remaining oil. Season generously with salt and toss to combine.
- Place seasoned broccoli on the ricotta toast. Top with vegan parmesan.
- Add to oven or pizza oven and bake until crisp, 10–12 minutes. If using a pizza oven, you will need to rotate the toasts at least once to prevent burning.
- Remove from oven. Let cool slightly.
- Top with red pepper flakes (optional)
*I used sourdough
One thought on “Charred Broccoli and Garlic Ricotta Toasts”