This bowl is easy and delicious! And as with most bowls, You can make it in a variety of ways. I loved the tofu in this one and made a little extra to nosh on later! This recipe is an adaptation of a New York Times recipe, and the only thing I swapped was the honey for the agave nectar. I know some vegans who still eat honey, but I prefer to leave my bee friends alone! I also cut the oil by 2/3, mixed the sriracha and honey to make a glaze, and then tossed in the tofu.
This flavor bomb that can be ready in under 20 minutes! Great for a quick and hearty meal! Enjoy!Print
Kale Quinoa Bowl with Maple Sriracha Tofu
- ½ cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoons white miso
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon sriracha, plus more for drizzling
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely julienned or grated
- 1 small bunch curly kale, ribs removed, leaves chopped (about 4 packed cups)
- 1 (14-ounce) package extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons Agave nectar, or maple syrup, for serving
- In a small saucepan, combine the quinoa with 3/4 cup water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then cover and cook over medium-low until the water is absorbed, 10 to 12 minutes. Turn off the heat and let sit for 10 minutes. Fluff it with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, miso, mirin, sesame oil, 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil and 1/2 teaspoon sriracha. Stir in the ginger.
- Add the kale, massage it with the dressing and set aside to marinate. Spoon the cooked quinoa onto the kale and toss to coat.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil over medium. When the oil shimmers, cook the tofu, turning occasionally, until crisp on all sides, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to absorb any excess oil.
- In a medium-size bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of agave nectar and 1 tablespoon of sriracha together until combine. Add tofu and coat well.
- Toss tofu over the kale salad.
One thought on “Kale Quinoa Bowl with Maple Sriracha Tofu”
This recipe looks delicious! Thank you for sharing!