This soup has long been a family favorite. It is my go-to soup when someone is sick, or if I want to make a soup on the fly, I always have all of the ingredients on hand. Starting with the holy trinity (carrots, onion, and celery), I finish the soup using curly kale vs. the flat Lacinato or dinosaur kale. But if you don’t like kale, feel free to use spinach or cabbage in its place.
It’s the perfect winter soup because it’s rich in fiber, but not calorically dense making it ideal for the less active chilly days ahead.
The recipe also makes a big batch so that you’ll have plenty left over for lunches throughout the week, or you can freeze the rest for a rainy day. Enjoy!
This Tuscan White Bean Soup is made with a ton of veggies and the most flavorful broth! Enjoy!
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 zucchini, medium diced
- 1 28-ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 can Cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large kale leaf, chopped
- 1/ 2 cup chopped, parsley
sea salt & fresh pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Stir in carrots, celery, and onion, Season with sea salt & fresh pepper and stir well. Cook until softened, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in zucchini, tomatoes, smoked paprika, oregano, basil, and thyme, and cook for another minute or so, stirring frequently.
- Stir in beans and stock and simmer on medium-low for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding more water (I add up to 2 cups of water) as needed
- Stir in kale and parsley, remove from heat and let sit for five minutes covered to wilt the kale
- Serve warm
- If you don’t have kale or aren’t a fan, you can swap kale for spinach.
- Use organic vegetable stock for more depth of flavor.
- Store soup in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days, or freeze.
- Calories: 128 C
Keywords: Soup, Kale Soup, Tuscan White Bean Soup