Who wants Enchiladas Verdes? If you’ve been following my page for a while, you’ll know that Mexican food is my most favorite food. I know, I know, I say that every time. But it’s true, and there is an excellent reason. If you don’t believe me, make these enchiladas. I promise you’ll understand me then! I need to open a fully vegan Mexican restaurant!
Typically Enchiladas Verdes, Verdes meaning green in Spanish, is made with chicken. But I wanted to do something different and grabbed a pack of Hungry Planet beef instead. From there, everything is precisely the same. They were off the chart amazing! If I had them in a restaurant, I would have complimented the chef! You can find Hungry Planet at a market near you!
I have an excellent store-bought Verdes sauce that I like to use. I grated 3/4 of a pack of Miyoko’s mozzarella for the cheese and then crumbled the rest for garnish. These bad boys were on the table in 35 minutes! If you feel like cooking, then double the recipe and freeze a pan for later! If you decide to do that, set them out. I can’t wait to make them again! If you make them tag me and let me know how you liked them!
Ready in 35 minutes these simple and delicious enchiladas are a perfect week night meal!
- 1 pack Hungry Planet beef
- 1 white onion diced, (reserve 1/2 cup)
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Mexican seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups green enchilada sauce
- 1 cup red enchilada sauce
- 12–14 corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups vegan mozzarella, grated
- Vegan sour cream
- Diced Onion
- Crumbled mozzarella
Preheat oven to 350° F
- In a medium non-stick skillet over medium-low heat, sauté onion until translucent, about 7-8 minutes. If they begin to stick, add 1-2 tablespoons of water.
- Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Season with salt and pepper and Mexican seasoning.
- Add beef and cook until meat has browned about 5-7 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Add 1/2 cup mozzarella and stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- Add one can of green enchilada sauce to the bottom of a 9×12 baking dish.
- Dredge both sides of each shell in the enchilada sauce, and fill with 3-4 tablespoons of filing.
- Roll and place each tortilla seam side down in the pan.
- Top with the additional can of green sauce.
- Top with grated cheese and cover tightly with foil.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Garnish with remaining diced onion, red sauce, sour cream, and cilantro.