Ready in 35 minutes these simple and delicious enchiladas are a perfect week night meal!
- 1 pack Hungry Planet beef
- 1 white onion diced, (reserve 1/2 cup)
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Mexican seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups green enchilada sauce
- 1 cup red enchilada sauce
- 12–14 corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups vegan mozzarella, grated
- Vegan sour cream
- Diced Onion
- Crumbled mozzarella
Preheat oven to 350° F
- In a medium non-stick skillet over medium-low heat, sauté onion until translucent, about 7-8 minutes. If they begin to stick, add 1-2 tablespoons of water.
- Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Season with salt and pepper and Mexican seasoning.
- Add beef and cook until meat has browned about 5-7 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Add 1/2 cup mozzarella and stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- Add one can of green enchilada sauce to the bottom of a 9×12 baking dish.
- Dredge both sides of each shell in the enchilada sauce, and fill with 3-4 tablespoons of filing.
- Roll and place each tortilla seam side down in the pan.
- Top with the additional can of green sauce.
- Top with grated cheese and cover tightly with foil.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Garnish with remaining diced onion, red sauce, sour cream, and cilantro.