Super easy and super yummy! I use this tofu “bacon” in bowls, on sandwiches, and sometimes, I like to just eat it straight from the pan! It’s a nice accompaniment to my vegan scramble! Enjoy!Print
Super easy and you can skip the pig! I like this on a BLT! Be sure to let it get nice and crispy. But be careful, it can burn!
- 8 oz pack extra firm tofu, drained, and sliced into 1/8” thick slices
- 1/4 cup avocado or grape seed oil (or another neutral oil)
- 2 Tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke*
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- While tofu is draining whisk avocado oil and remaining ingredients to a large shallow baking dish, preferably one that has a lid.
- When tofu is ready cut into 1/8” slices and add to marinade. Marinade for at least 20 minutes, or preferably over night.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat. Add oil to a pan. When oil is shimmering, add tofu.
- Cook tofu on each side about 6 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Flip and cook for another 5-7 minutes, or until tofu is crispy and golden brown. Watch carefully in the last minutes of cooking and be careful not to burn as it can go from brown, to burnt, very quickly.