Ricotta toast makes a deliciously easy breakfast or lunch! Slather on ricotta, then top with sweet or savory toppings.
- 1 baguette, sliced 1/2″ thick on a diagonal (about 12 slices)*
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 head of broccoli, stem peeled, stem and florets chopped into 1/2” pieces
- 1 head of garlic, cloves separated
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups tofu ricotta
- 1/3 cup grated vegan parmesan
- Kosher salt
- Place racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven; preheat to 400°F. Or, heat a pizza oven to a temperature.
- Arrange bread slices in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet or pizza peel and brush one side of each piece with oil.
- Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of ricotta on each slide. Toss broccoli and garlic in a bowl and drizzle with the remaining oil. Season generously with salt and toss to combine.
- Place seasoned broccoli on the ricotta toast. Top with vegan parmesan.
- Add to oven or pizza oven and bake until crisp, 10–12 minutes. If using a pizza oven, you will need to rotate the toasts at least once to prevent burning.
- Remove from oven. Let cool slightly.
- Top with red pepper flakes (optional)
*I used sourdough