Truffle Peppercorn Tagliatelle:
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Keep about a cup of pasta water in case you need to thin out the sauce later.
- Warm a large saucepan over medium heat. When the pan is warm, add olive oil. When the oil is shimmering, add the garlic and cook for a minute or two until fragrant, but not brown.
- Add heavy cream and bring the sauce to a simmer, about 5-7 minutes, until nice and thick. The spoon should leave a line/trail as you run it through the sauce.
- Turn the heat to low and add cheese, stirring until melted and fully incorporated.
- Taste the sauce and add salt or fresh black pepper as needed.
- Add drained pasta and toss to combine.
- Top with fresh parsley.
Lion’s Mane Steaks:
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF/200ºC
- Mix all dry rub ingredients in a small bowl.
- Lightly wipe mushrooms with a wet paper towel to remove dirt or residue. *Do not wash or submerge.
- Heat cast iron pan on medium-high heat. When the pan is heated, add oil. When the oil begins to shimmer, place the mushrooms stem side down in the pan for 90 seconds to let them soften.
- Place a steak weight or smaller cast iron pan on the mushrooms.
- Using a potholder or folded kitchen towel, gently press the weight down on the mushrooms. As the mushrooms release water, press harder on the pan or weight. Cook for approximately 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove the pan or weight and wipe the water from the bottom. Flip Lion’s Mane using tongs, add more oil and cook the other side for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle dry rub over Lion’s Mane, searing each side.
- Place the cast iron pan in the oven for 12 minutes when the Lion’s Mane is browned. Remove, let it rest for a few minutes.
- Slice and place over pasta.