- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Montreal Spice Mix
- 1 package of extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 2 cups of cilantro lime rice
- 1 1/2 cups BBQ Sauce
- 1 (15 oz) can Pinto beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 head of organic broccoli
- 3 Tbsp water
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Pinch of sea salt
- Place the soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and Montreal Seasoning in a blender.
- Blend at high speed for 30 seconds until thoroughly mixed.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- When tofu is pressed, pat dry and lay flat. Cut tofu in half widthwise. Cut each piece in half again, and repeat once more until you have eight rectangles.
- Place tofu in a non-reactive, preferably glass pan or bowl with a lid. Add marinade and coat well.
- Allow tofu to marinate for at least 30 minutes, (up to 4 hours).
- While tofu is marinating, make your Rice. * (See note)
- When rice is done, warm a medium-size skillet over medium-high heat. When the pan is warm, add 2 tsp of olive oil.
- When oil is shimming, add tofu and any marinade that is left over. Pan sear tofu until browned on each side. About 2-3 minutes per side.
- When browned, remove the tofu and add to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush one side of the tofu with BBQ sauce and bake for 3-4 minutes. Remove from oven, flip tofu, brush the other side. Return to oven for 3-4 more minutes.
- While tofu is in the oven, in a medium-size saucepan, add drained and rinsed pinto beans, 1/2 tsp salt and pepper each, 1/2 cup vegetable stock, and 1 tsp of cumin. Cook over medium heat until warmed through.
- While beans are simmering, add broccoli to the same skillet you used to cook the tofu. Do not clean the pan first. You want the brown bits on the bottom of the pan. Cook broccoli with 3 Tbsp of water, a pinch of red pepper flakes, and sea salt, over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes until bright and lightly browned.
- Remove tofu from the oven and lightly brush each side with more BBQ Sauce.
- Assemble bowl, Rice first, Broccoli, Beans, and add Tofu to Rice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
*To save time, make rice ahead of time.