This cauliflower steak is so flavorful and quite filling! Be sure to buy a large head to ensure decent size steaks. And using Montreal steak seasoning is a perfect way to spice them up! You can top with a variety of roasted vegetables and creamy mild tasting white beans for protein!
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Heat a cast-iron skillet or other oven-safe, heavy bottom frying pan over medium-high heat. When warm add, two tablespoons of safflower oil.
- Brush each side of the cauliflower steaks with oil and sprinkle with Montreal seasoning.
- Carefully add steaks to a frying pan and sear each side until golden brown, about 5-7 minutes per side.
- When steaks are golden brown, remove the pan from the heat put directly in the oven for approximately 8-10 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Carefully remove pan from oven. Plate cauliflower steaks and drizzle with chimichurri sauce.
- Serve immediately.
*This oil is high in vitamin E; one tablespoon contains 28% of a person’s daily recommended intake of the nutrient. It has a high smoke point and doesn’t have a strong flavor, which means it won’t overwhelm a dish.