Easy year-round salad, everyone is sure to love!
- 5 medium red beets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh minced cilantro
If using an oven:
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet parchment paper.
- Clean the trimmed beets and place on the baking sheet. Roast for one hour, or until fork tender. Cool, peel, and cut into small diced pieces.
If using a pressure cooker:
- Add 2 cups water and cleaned, stemmed beets to pressure cooker. Cook on high for 7 minutes.
- Cool, peel, and cut into small diced pieces.
- To make the vinaigrette, puree one of the cooked beets in a blender or food processor with all remaining ingredients, except the cilantro.
- Before serving, toss the beets with vinaigrette. Adjust seasonings to taste and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve warm or cold.