Used as a spread or a dip, this is wonderful in pasta or on toast!
- 1 block of extra firm tofu (12 oz), finely crumbled (no need to press)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 1/2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil; olive or grapeseed oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Drain tofu. I didn’t press mine but did hand squeeze a lot of the water out.
- Add the crumbled tofu, tahini, nutritional yeast, and shallot to a food processor.
- Pulse it in the food processor. Don’t let the food processor run. You don’t want this to turn into a paste. Just pulse it a few times until your ricotta is chunky.
- Remove tofu from the processor and add to a bowl.
- Add the garlic, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Slowly drizzle oil, and mix well.
- Stir and add sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
This freezes super well! The texture may even get better after freezing and thawing. Freeze it in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge and enjoy as usual.