Who doesn’t love chocolate pumpkin muffins? These light and tasty treats are perfect for breakfast, or for an after school snack!
- 2 cups gluten free all purpose flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill GF All Purpose flour)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar (makes them moist and less dense)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 super ripe bananas, or 1/2 cup Just Egg* ( See note)
- 2/3 cup organic canned pumpkin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dairy free vegan chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177° C)
- Lightly grease your muffin tins or use muffin liners.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a separate bowl, mix the sugar and the oil. Add the mashed banana or Just Egg to the sugar mixture. Add canned pumpkin, and vanilla. When mixed well, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Finally, add the flour, and mix everything well.
- Evenly pour the batter into the muffin tins. Place in the oven for about 18-20 minutes if using GF flour. If using regular all-purpose flour, test at 20 minutes. Muffins are done when a toothpick comes out clean. If needed add more time ( 2-3 minutes at a time).
You can also use 2 flax eggs.
Keywords: Chocolate chip pumpkin muffins