I love this recipe! It’s nutritionally dense and gut healthy! You can double the recipe and freeze the half you don’t use!
- 1/2 cup of shredded red beet slaw or 1 medium beet, washed, peeled, roasted, and shredded, and 1/3 cup shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon of beet juice powder (optional)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon ashwagandha, (optional)
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced herbs (I used chervil and oregano)
- 1 small shallot, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup water (add more depending on consistency)
- If using a whole beet instead of the fermented slaw, wash and trim the beet. Rub in olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt. Place in aluminum foil and roast at 425°F for 45 minutes, or boil on the stovetop until fork-tender, about 25 minutes.
- Let cool and add 1/3 cup shredded carrots and a teaspoon of red wine vinegar.
- Add all ingredients to blender and blitz well until blended.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Store in an air-tight container for up two 7 days in the refrigerator.