- 1 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup sweet onion, diced
- 1 organic red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (can also use one chipotle pepper in adobo)
- 1 28-ounce can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 container Just Egg
- ⅓ cup crumbled vegan feta cheese
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Sliced red onion
- Microgreens for garnish, optional
- Toasted ciabatta, for serving
Warm oil over medium heat in a 12-inch cast-iron skillet with a lid. Add onion, red pepper, salt, and several grinds of fresh pepper and cook until the onion is soft and translucent about 8 minutes.
Reduce the heat to medium-low and add garlic, paprika, cumin, and chili powder. Stir and let cook for about 30 seconds, then add the tomatoes and tomato paste. Simmer for 15 minutes until the sauce is thickened.
Make 4 wells in the sauce and add Just Eggs. Cover and cook for 2 minutes and then add feta. Cook until the eggs are set, 5 to 8 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle with the feta, parsley, avocado, and microgreens, if using. Serve with toasted bread for scooping.
If you would like to make this but don’t have access to the Vegan Egg product you can make your own!
- 6 ounces firm silken tofu (usually found in the Asian section, not refrigerated)
- 2 tablespoons Tahini (can also use hummus)
- 2 large cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- One pinch kala namak (black salt), and black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika, optional
Blend together all ingredients until smooth.
If it is too dry add 1 tablespoon plant-based milk.
- Serving Size: 4