Serve with pita bread or veggies, this quick and easy red beet hummus makes a festive and delicious appetizer! Be sure to top with minced parsley, chickpeas, or garlic.
- 1 16 oz. can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 small cooked prepackaged beets
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp aquafaba (reserved juice from chickpea can)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- Place all ingredients except aquafaba in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Add aquafaba one tablespoon at a time, if needed. Taste and adjust seasonings accordingly.
- Chill and store in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
You can use golden beets, too!