- 1 cup of Almond Chèvre
- 2 tablespoons Herbs de Provence
- 2 tablespoons vegan parmesan
- 1 teaspoon fennel pollen (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt & pepper
- 1 (12 oz) package of wonton wrappers
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fennel fronds
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange peel
Citrus Beurre Blanc:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup finely chopped shallots
- Juice of 2 limes (about 1 tablespoon)
- Juice of one medium size orange (about 1 tablespoon)
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- ⅓ cup vegan heavy cream
- Salt to taste, if desired
- 8 tablespoons butter, cut into 12 pieces
- Add almond cheese to a medium-size bowl. Add Herbs de Provence, parmesan cheese, fennel pollen, if using, and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Dust a clean surface with cornmeal. Lay wonton wrapper flat and add 1 rounded teaspoon to the center of the wrapper.
- Lightly brush the edges of the wonton wrapper with water (I keep a small bowl of water nearby). Fold wonton into a triangle. Turn triangle, so the long edge is facing you. Gently press the filling flat and fold wonton 3/4 of the way upward, toward its tip. Flatten slightly. Brush each side of the flap with water. Placing your finger in the center of the fold, carefully fold each side over your finger. Lightly pinch closed. Continue until all cheese has been used.
- Add tortellini to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- In a dutch oven, bring salted (about 1 tsp) water to a boil.
- Drop tortellini into boiling water. Remove from water when tortellini begin to float.
Citrus Beurre Blanc:
- Heat one tablespoon of butter in a saucepan and add the shallots. Cook briefly, stirring, and add the citrus and wine. Cook until the liquid is almost totally reduced.
- Add the heavy cream and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and slowly add the pieces of butter, a few at a time, stirring rapidly with a wire whisk.
- When sauce is done, add tortellini and stir until warmed through.
- Serve in a shallow bowl, and top with fennel fronds and orange peel.
- Squeeze a bit of fresh lemon juice over pasta, and serve warm.