Another wonderful way to enjoy pumpkin this holiday season!
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 1 ½ tsp ginger, minced, or ¾ tsp of ginger powder
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 14 oz can coconut cream (can use canned coconut milk in a pinch)
- 3 cans organic pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- Hot sauce (optional, I use a mild Green Tabasco)
- Heat pan on medium-low heat until warm.
- Add onions, stir until onions become translucent and begin to stick. Add ½ cup stock and stir to deglaze the pan. Once stock begins to evaporate, add spices, and stir.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, add garlic and ginger.
- Cook for 30 seconds and add remaining vegetable stock, stir to deglaze pan again.
- Add coconut cream and pumpkin puree. Stir well and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Taste for spices, and adjust according to your preference. (I added a bit more salt and a little more thyme.)
- Serve with roasted Pepitas (pumpkin seeds), and roasted spiced chickpeas.