Rich in antioxidants, fiber, and flavor, this salad is a delicious way to get all of your nutrients and would be the perfect item to bring to a summer gathering!
- 12 ounces small broccoli florets (about 5 cups)
- 6 ounces cauliflower florets
- 2 (14 oz.) cans chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1/2 cup soaked cashews, drained or rinsed (or boiled for 10 minutes and rinsed) See Note
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 3 large fresh tarragon leaves, minced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, minced
- 1 ripe avocado, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon
- 1/2 zucchini, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1/2 tsp dried tarragon (optional, but recommended)
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- Make the dressing first and refrigerate.
- Soak cashews overnight or boil for 10 minutes to soften. Drain and rinse.
- Add all ingredients, including cashews, to a blender and mix well. If the dressing is too thick, you can add about 2 tablespoons of water at a time until it thins to your preference. Taste for seasoning and adjust if needed.
- Divide broccoli in half, and pulse each half until broccoli resembles small rice grains. Note – you do not want to pulse it all at once because you risk turning some of your broccoli into a paste.
- Repeat with cauliflower.
- In a large mixing bowl, add broccoli, cauliflower, and tarragon. Mix well. Add remaining ingredients and stir well. Add dressing, mixing well—taste for seasoning. Adjust if necessary.
This dish is best served cold. The dressing or the entire salad can easily be made the day before. Don’t worry about the vegetables softening. It holds up quite nicely!
Cashews need to be softened. You can either soak them overnight or boil them on the stovetop for about 10 minutes or until cashews float to the top of the water.
- Serving Size: 1 cup