- 1 large European (traditional) cucumber, or 3 small Persian cucumbers, small diced
- 2 cups plain vegan greek style yogurt (I used Kite Hill)
- 1 cup ice cold water
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 small scallions, trimmed and diced
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 cup fresh dill
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2/3 cup shelled walnuts, finely chopped
- Place a colander in a sink or over a bowl, add cucumbers and salt. Stir well, and let sit for about 15 minutes.
- Whisk olive oil, yogurt, and lime juice together until smooth.
- Gradually whisk in water until you achieve the desired consistency.
- In a mortar or a bowl, grind garlic clove with a pinch of salt into a paste.
- Add garlic, cucumbers, scallions, walnuts, and spices. Mix thoroughly.
- This step is optional, but you can add one ice cube to each bowl and then ladle the soup on top.
- Garnish each bowl with chopped parsley, one thin slice of lime, red pepper flakes, sliced red onion, olive oil, and walnuts.
Japanese cucumbers would also work.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 134 calories
Keywords: Vegan Soup, cucumber soup